About Marianne Blommers-Poggio Voormolen
Xpat Relocation was founded by me, Marianne Blommers-Poggio Voormolen, in 2018.
In 2011, I moved with my husband, three children and our dog from the Netherlands to Switzerland. I remember the first steps into Switzerland: finding a new home for my family, schools for my children: both international and local, and getting all the paperwork completed. All without the help of a relocation company. It wasn't a straight forward experience. Luckily I already was experienced in the Relocation Business.
I have now combined my personal experiences, my knowledge of living in Switzerland, together with 10 years of working in the relocation field. With this in mind, I set up Xpat Relocation to help other expats find a new home in Switzerland, in the smoothest, most stress free way as possible.
Marianne's interests and qualifications
- My hobbies include my family, Walking, Skiing, Golf, playing the piano and food
- My languages include: Dutch, Spanish, French, German and English
- I studied Art History in Leiden and Property Management in The Hague
- I'm a board member, president at the Zontaclub, voluntary women's and children's charity in Luzern. www.luzern.zonta.ch
Nicole's Interest and qualifications
Nicole Schenkelaars is Dutch, she lived most of her life outside of the Netherlands: in Curaçao, Argentina, USA, Belgium and since 2005 in Switzerland. She therefore understands perfectly what expats go through when they move to another country.
- She speaks Dutch, English, German, French, Spanish and a bit of Italian
- Nicole used to work as an EU Public Affairs Manager for 3M in Brussels, Belgium until she moved to Switzerland
- In 2009 she started to work as a freelance relocation consultant for various international relocation companies
- Nicole is part of the Xpat Relocation team of relocation consultants.